RFP DEADLINE EXTENSION ANNOUNCED: The deadline for submission of the FY19 Preschool for All Expansion Model (PFAE) Request for Proposals has been extended to January 31, 2018, at 4:00 pm.
Please ensure that all documents are signed by the Authorized Official. Refer to the "Content and Form of Application Submission" checklist for more information. No late proposals, facsimile proposals, or electronic submissions will be accepted. Incomplete proposals will not be considered for funding.
Within Component 5 - Staff Qualifications on pages 20 and 21, the required qualifications for paraprofessionals have been updated. The bullet below has been removed from the required section and is now listed only in the additional practices that are recommended for a high quality Preschool Expansion program.
- Paraprofessionals hired to work in the Preschool for All Expansion program have at least 12 hours of coursework in Early Childhood Education, and 10 hours of ECE observation or 200 hours of documented ECE work experience.
The section now reads as follows…
Preschool for All Expansion staff must hold appropriate licensure, endorsement, and/or qualifications for the position for which they are hired and meet the following requirements:
- Teachers of children ages 3 to 5 years must hold a professional educator license endorsed in early childhood education or an educator license with stipulations endorsed in early childhood and one of the following endorsements: provisional educator, alternative provisional educator, resident teacher or visiting international educator.
- Preschool for All Expansion/Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) blended classroom teacher must hold current, PEL with ECE endorsement AND ECSE approval. Programs should refer to the “Inclusion Model" guidance document to ensure the teacher(s) is appropriately licensed.
- Paraprofessional staff employed to assist in instruction provided to children ages 3 to 5 years shall meet the requirements set forth in 23 Ill. Adm. Code 25.510(b) (Endorsement for Paraprofessional Educator) or hold an approval for paraprofessional educator received in accordance with Section 25.15(a)(2)(J) (Types of Licenses; Exchange).
- Directors of child care centers offering preschool programs funded under Section 2-3.71 of the School Code and this Part shall have either:
- a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in child development or early childhood education or the equivalent (i.e., baccalaureate in any discipline with a minimum of 24 semester hours of credit in child development, early childhood education, or early childhood special education, including relevant field experience) and a Gateways to Opportunity Level II or III Illinois Director Credential issued pursuant to Section 10-70 of the Department of Human Services Act [20 ILCS 1305/10-70] (see
- meet the requirements of subsection (c)(9)(E).
- Directors of preschool programs funded under Section 2-3.71 of the School Code and this Part and administered by school districts shall hold a professional educator license endorsed for principal or general administrative issued under 23 Ill. Adm. Code 25.337 (Principal (2013)) or 25.335 (General Administrative (Through August 31, 2014)), respectively.
*** UPDATE 12/7/17 ***
NOTE: The State of Illinois Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) requires applicants to complete pre-qualification requirements before applying for an FY 2019 grant. This includes completion of the Grantee Registration and Pre-qualification process through the Illinois GATA Web Portal. Grant applications must be submitted by the application deadline indicated in this NOFO/RFP.
Grant applicants are required to complete an FY 2019 Fiscal and Administrative Risk Assessment in the form of an Internal Controls Questionnaire (ICQ) through the GATA Web Portal and a FY 2019 Programmatic Risk Assessment through the ISBE Web Application Security (IWAS) system when they become available. Grant awards will not be executed until the FY 2019 ICQ and Programmatic Risk Assessment are completed.
Preschool for All –Expansion is a preschool program that provides services in a full-day setting with comprehensive services to children 3 to 5 years who are considered to be at risk of academic failure.
FY19 Preschool for All Expansion Model RFP responses must be mailed or delivered to the ISBE offices in hardcopy/original and USB flash drive formats as indicated in the RFP, no later than 4 p.m. January 12, 2018. *NOTE* This RFP is not available for electronic submission in the IWAS System.
Links to data, webinars, and other resources to assist communities, providers, and others in preparing for the FY 2019 re-compete can be found on this page. For questions, please contact the Division of Early Childhood Education at (217) 524-4835.