News and Updates
The ISBE IWAS CTE Program of Study Approval system will open at 2 p.m. Thursday, November 14, 2019. In preparation for the REQUIRED Perkins V Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA), ISBE needs to ensure that only approved secondary career and technical education (CTE) programs are being pulled into the IWAS CLNA system. This application will be completed by schools, area career centers, and EFE region centers that offer secondary CTE programs. Updates to this system will align to current CTE programs and courses being offered in the 2019-20 school year (FY 200) or that are offered on a rotational basis (e.g., every other year).
- The CTE Program of Study Approval system should only be accessed by Local Education Agencies offering or overseeing approved secondary CTE programs.
- Serving Schools, including Area Career Centers: The District Admin for school districts and area career centers will either complete the application for his/her respective entities or will grant access to School Users to complete this process. The EFE System will work with the schools, area career centers, and EFE region centers to make the necessary corrections to EFE-assigned CTE programs and courses in the Illinois State Course System.
- Please use this Guidance Document to help you complete the process.
- Completed applications are due no later than Monday, December 16, 2019.
If you have programmatic questions or if there are issues with system functionality, please contact ISBE’s CTE and Innovation Department at (217) 524-4832 or email@example.com. If you have IWAS access issues, please call ISBE's Help Desk at (217) 558-3600.
Due to continued demand from EFE Directors and school districts throughout the state, we are planning on another printing of the 2019-20 ISBE Career Guide in late December.
Different uses to consider for both middle school and high school include:
- CTE Awareness
- Career Exploration
- Open Houses
- Counselor 1-1’s
- Course Registration in January or February
The deadline is Friday, December 20th, 2019, and guides will be delivered to you no later than Friday, January 10th, 2020.
Similar to before, you may pay with a credit card at www.ilcareerguide.com, or simply send in a purchase order to
Pricing starts at $2.50 per guide, with a minimum order of 250 copies, and goes down based on quantities ordered. Find the pricing overview here.
Join us for the 90th Annual IACTE Conference on February 13-14, 2020, at the Bloomington Normal Marriott Hotel and Conference Center.
Registration is Now Open!
Take advantage of early bird registration rates between now and December 15, 2019! Registration for the 90th Annual IACTE Conference,
Building Careers for 90 Years!, is now open. This conference is an excellent professional development event geared toward career and technical educators.