For more Back to School updates:
Illinois State Board of Education Vision, Mission, and Goals
Vision: Illinois is a state of whole, healthy children nested in whole, healthy systems supporting communities wherein all citizens are socially and economically secure.
Mission: Provide leadership and resources to achieve excellence across all Illinois districts through engaging legislators, school administrators, teachers, students, parents, and other stakeholders in formulating and advocating for policies that enhance education, empower districts, and ensure equitable outcomes for all students.
Goals: Every child in each public school system in the state of Illinois deserves to attend a system wherein…
- All kindergartners are assessed for readiness.
- Ninety percent or more third-grade students are reading at or above grade level.
- Ninety percent or more fifth-grade students meet or exceed expectations in mathematics.
- Ninety percent or more of ninth-graders are on track to graduate with their cohort.
- Ninety percent or more students graduate from high school ready for college and career.
- All students are supported by highly prepared and effective teachers and school leaders.
- Every school offers a safe and healthy learning environment for all students.