A program of study means a coordinated, non-duplicative sequence of academic and technical content at the secondary and postsecondary level that:
- incorporates challenging State academic standards;
- addresses both academic and technical knowledge and skills, including employability skills
- is aligned with the needs of industries in the economy of the State, region, Tribal community or local area
- progresses in specificity
- has multiple entry and exit points that incorporate credentialing; and,
- culminates in the attainment of a recognized postsecondary credential. A program of study provides students with a strong experience in and comprehensive understanding of all aspects of industry.
A program of study provides students with a strong experience in and comprehensive understanding of all aspects of an industry and should align to the 2021-2024 CTE Program Size, Scope, and Quality.