Where does Ed360 data come from?
Throughout the year, Illinois school districts submit data to many ISBE data collections. The collections relevant to Ed360 are EIS, ELIS, SIS, EPS, I-Star, 5 Essentials, AFR, EBF, eGMS, FRIS, and District Budgets. The ISBE data warehouse is updated nightly with any new data submissions. The Ed360 data dashboard is built from the information available in the ISBE data warehouse. Role based secure access to Ed360 protects privacy while ensuring access to operational data for administrators and educators.
Other opt-in services like Plickers, NWEA Map, and Renaissance Star require district permission before they can be viewed on the Ed360 dashboard.
Important things to know about Ed360 security:
- Ed360 data is encrypted "at-rest" (while sitting in the ISBE data warehouse) and while "in-transit" (when sent over the internet).
- Penetration testing is performed by the Illinois Department of Information Technology (DoIT). ISBE reviews the findings and applies security measures to mitigate security risks.
- Ed360 uses your district managed G-Suite or Office 365 credentials to sign-in.
- Educators are responsible for safeguarding their G-Suite or Office 365 credentials.
- The ISBE Legal Team has reviewed Ed360 for FERPA compliance. Educators must have an academic need to see student data in Ed360.