Where does Ed360 data come from?
Ed360 data comes from the secured ISBE data warehouse, which stores information from district reporting systems. Other opt-in services like Plickers, NWEA Map, and AIMSWeb require district permission before they can be viewed on the Ed360 interface.
Important things to know about Ed360 security:
- Ed360 data is encrypted "at-rest" (while sitting in the ISBE data warehouse) and while "in-transit" (when sent over the internet).
- Penetration testing is performed by the Illinois Department of Information Technology (DoIT). ISBE reviews the findings and apply security measures to mitigate security risks.
- Ed360 uses Google sign-in. If you are signing in from a remote location, you will be prompted for an additional response, such as your birth year. Additionally, you will receive an email notification.
- The ISBE Legal Team has reviewed Ed360 for FERPA compliance. Educators must have an academic need to see student data.
- Educators are responsible for safeguarding their Google Apps for Education identity.