What is Ed360?
Ed360 is a mobile friendly web application designed to empower educators with access to near real-time data from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) data warehouse. Using Ed360, educators can view student data to help them make data-informed instructional decisions.
Ed360 incoporates the feedback of Illinois educators to provide a useful and user-friendly data system. In the 2016-17 school year, ISBE conducted focus groups and piloted the system with educators across the state to ensure the system meets educator needs. ISBE will continue to gather feedback and update Ed360 through the system's feedback module.
Ed360 at a Glance
Ed360 currently provides:
- Single sign-on access -- educators use their existing G Suite credentials to log into the dashboard (contact your Learning Technology Center if you do not have a G Suite)
- Accessible, actionable information for teachers, principals, superintendents, and regional superintendents
- Metrics on educator license and employment, student enrollment and course history, classroom rosters, state assessment scores with performance levels and more
- Opt-in services to integrate classroom and local assessments (e.g., Plickers, NWEA MAP, AIMSweb)
- Exportable data
- Role-based secured access using the Employment Information System (EIS)
- Instructional support resources, including but not limited to:
- A convenient interface for user feedback and support
**New features are being added frequently.
Ed360 Data Security
Where does Ed360 data come from?
Ed360 data comes from the secured ISBE data warehouse, which stores information from district reporting systems. Other opt-in services like Plickers, NWEA Map, and AIMSWeb require district permission before they can be viewed on the Ed360 interface.
Important things to know about Ed360 security:
- Ed360 data is encrypted "at-rest" (while sitting in the ISBE data warehouse) and while "in-transit" (when sent over the internet).
- Penetration testing is performed by the Illinois Department of Information Technology (DoIT). ISBE reveiws the findings and apply security measures to mitigate security risks.
- Ed360 uses Google sign-in. If you are signing in from a remote location, you will be prompted for an additional response, such as your birth year. Additionally, you will receive an email notification.
- The ISBE Legal Team has reviewed Ed360 for FERPA compliance. Educators must have an academic need to see student data.
- Educators are responsible for safeguarding their Google Apps for Education identity.
This page has been archived. The content on this page may no longer be in effect.