The Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) is the state assessment and accountability measure for Illinois students enrolled in a public school district. IAR assesses the New Illinois Learning Standards Incorporating the Common Core and will be administered in English language arts and mathematics to all students in grades 3-8.
UPDATE: August 9, 2021
IAR Corrections—Action Required!
THE IAR CORRECTIONS WINDOW HAS BEEN EXTENDED!
The IAR Corrections window has been extended. The IAR scores are now available in SIS and district staff will have until
Sunday, August 15th at 11:59 p.m. to make corrections for
the Purposes of the IAR Individual Student Reports (ISRs) for all scores that are “unassigned” or not matched.
In addition, September 3 is the last day for IAR corrections
for the purposes of accountability and the School Report Card for school year 2021.
You may continue adding your RNVTA codes up until this date.
Please refer to the following guide to assist with your corrections:
If you need assistance with the IAR Scores, contact the ISBE Help Desk at 217-558-3600, Option 3. If you have questions about testing in general, contact the Assessment Division at 866-317-6034 or
ADJUSTED IAR SCORE REPORT DATES
September 20, 2021 -- PDF reports posted in PearsonAccessnext(PAN).
- Individual Student Reports (ISRs)
September 30-October 18, 2021 -- ISRs delivered to districts.
(Final date in district dependent upon receipt of state approval of proceed to print.)
Important: Technology Update!
Pearson has updated the TestNav system requirements for the 2021-2022 school year. Please review the technical bulletin and system requirement pages below to ensure your school devices are ready for the upcoming fall (if applicable) and spring testing administrations.
The TestNav app must be downloaded and installed prior to fall 2021 and spring 2022 testing.
For any questions please call Pearson customer support at 833-213-3879.
Learning Renewal Interim Assessments
If you are interested in participating in the
Learning Renewal Interim Assessments, please respond to
August 31. We encourage you to take full advantage of this opportunity.
Benefits to using the
Learning Renewal Interim Assessments:
- Provide timely or immediate individualized diagnostic information to the teacher.
- Will only take about 45 minutes to administer each content area.
- Offer useful data to teachers so they can adjust their instruction and allow for more individualized support.
- Can be customized to match the scope and sequence of the district's curriculum.
- Will be administered three times per year so that you can actually see student growth.
- Allow for student mastery because it is computer adaptive.
- Are a “best practice" toward learning recovery.
- Are free to school districts, which allows for equity and access for districts that cannot afford interim assessments locally.
You may access more information and resources,
including the webinar presentation and recording, on the ISBE
Learning Renewal Interim Assessments website.
Extended Testing Window
- August 9 - September 24, 2021 (Paper Based Testing) (Updated 04/01/2021)
- August 9 - October 8, 2021 (Computer Based Testing)