IAR assessments in English Language Arts and Mathematics will be administered to all students in grades 3-8.
UPDATE: July 21, 2021
IAR Corrections—Action Required!
The IAR scores are now available in SIS. District staff will have until
August 3rd to make corrections in SIS so that the file can be returned back to Pearson by August 6th. Please update/correct all
RNVTA records and check for errors in reports and match all “unassigned" scores.
Please refer to the following guide to assist with your corrections:
If you need assistance with the IAR Scores, contact the ISBE Help Desk at 217-558-3600, Option 3. If you have questions about testing in general, contact the Assessment Division at 866-317-6034 or
Important: Technology Update!
Pearson has updated the TestNav system requirements for the 2021-2022 school year. Please review the technical bulletin and system requirement pages below to ensure your school devices are ready for the upcoming Fall (if applicable) and Spring testing administrations.
The TestNav app must be downloaded and installed prior to Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 testing.
For any questions please call Pearson customer support at 833-213-3879.
Learning Renewal Interim Assessments
If you are interested in participating in the
Learning Renewal Interim Assessments, please respond to
LRIAssessment@isbe.net. We encourage you to take full advantage of this opportunity.
Benefits to using the
Learning Renewal Interim Assessment:
- Provides timely or immediate individualized diagnostic information to the teacher.
- Will only take about 45 minutes to administer each content area.
- Offers useful data to teachers so they can adjust their instruction and allow for more individualized support.
- Can be customized to match the scope and sequence of the district's curriculum.
- Will be administered three times per year so that you can actually see student growth.
- Allows for student mastery because it is computer adaptive.
- It is a “best practice" toward learning recovery.
- It is free to school districts, which allows for equity and access for districts that cannot afford interim assessments locally.
You may access more information and resources on the ISBE
Learning Renewal Interim Assessments website, as well as the webinar presentation and recording.
Extended Testing Window
- March 15 - May 14, 2021 (Paper Based Testing)
- March 15 - May 28, 2021 (Computer Based Testing)
- August 9 - September 24, 2021 (Paper Based Testing) (Updated 04/01/2021)
- August 9 - October 8, 2021 (Computer Based Testing)