{{CurrentPage.Topics.DisplayName}} {{CurrentPage.Subtopic_x0020_Level_x0020_1}}


Thank you for your interest in becoming a licensed educator in Illinois! If you hold a valid license from another state that allows you to serve as a teacher, school support personnel, or administrator in that state’s public schools, you can transfer your license to Illinois and receive a professional educator license endorsed in a comparable area. If you have not obtained an out-of-state license, you can still qualify for a professional educator license by meeting additional requirements. Follow the steps below to get started.​

Become an Educator in Illinois


Do you need help with the licensure process? Contact our ISBE/regional office licensure team for assistance.​

* * * This page has been archived. The content on this page may no longer be in effect. * * *

Contact Information