The information provided on the following links is designed to provide educators with the information needed to become a licensed teacher in the state of Illinois, as well as opportunities for experienced teachers to expand his or her qualifications. Stay up to date with changes in requirements and rules / legislation.
Application and Document Processing Wait Time
As of August 13, there are 5,881 open applications pending evaluation.
- Evaluation of PEL Applications: 6 months
- Evaluation of Substitute Applications: 2-5 business days
- Evaluation of Paraprofessional Applications: 2-5 business days
*All applications are evaluated in the order they are received.
- Opening and processing new mail and transcripts: 6-8 weeks
- Uploading emailed transcripts, documents, and forms: 6-8 weeks
- Processing Refunds: 2.5 months (plus an additional 10 business days for the reversal to appear on your credit card)
This page has been archived. The content on this page may no longer be in effect.