2022 PRELIMINARY INDEX SCORE THRESHOLDS
- Exemplary index score threshold: 81.91
- Comprehensive & Targeted index score threshold: 31.21
- Exemplary index score threshold: 90.69
- Comprehensive & Targeted index score threshold: 9.89
SCHOOLS ELIGIBLE FOR EARLY EXIT
There are three categories of schools eligible for early exit from support status in 2023. More information on eligibility from early exit can be found in the video above, or below in the changes for 2022 below. The eligibility list contains any school that falls into one of the three eligibility categories (schools missing 30 percent or more of 2021 assessment data, schools in the top 30 percent by 2019 index score, and schools with a population change of more than 30 percent). Please note that being in these eligibility categories has NO BEARING on the 2022 designation. A school's preliminary summative designation can be found in Educator Preview in myIRC.
CHANGES TO ACCOUNTABILITY IN 2022
ELA & math proficiency: Use the SY2020-21 (2021) data to set new targets by grade span (i.e., 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 11) for all students enrolled in SY2020-21 in grades K-12. Use SY2022-23 (2023) data to set new targets for all students who enter kindergarten in SY2021-22 and after.
Science proficiency: Substitute participation rates for proficiency rates in 2022. Participation rates of 95% or higher receive 100 points. Participation rates below 75% receive 0 points. The remaining 100 points are distributed proportionally between 95% and 75% .
English Learner Progress to Proficiency: Add an additional year to the timeline of all students who were ELs in SY2020-21, and score a student using the higher of 2022 - 2021 (prior) or 2022 - 2020 (prior). Exclude all students who were newly identified as an EL in SY2020-21 from the calculation.
Student Growth: Use the higher of either a cohort reference or baseline referenced student growth percentile.
Chronic absenteeism: Award bonus points that incentivize improvement to chronic absenteeism. If the 2022 rated declined from 2021 by more than 7.5%, award 25% bonus. If 2022 declined from 2021 between 5.01% and 7.5%, award 20% bonus. If 2022 declined from 2021 between 2.51% and 5%, award 15% bonus. If 2022 declined from 2021 between .01% to 2.5%, award 10% bonus. If the 2022 rate of chronic absenteeism did not decline from 2021, consider its proximity to the rate of chronic absenteeism in 2019. If 2022 is no more than 5% greater than the rate in 2019, award a 5% bonus.
Composite 4-, 5-, and 6-year graduation rate: Consolidating to a single scoring formula for all student groups.
- Indicator Points:
[Composite weighted adjusted cohort graduation rate * 3.7975) – 253.16456
- A weighted composite graduation rate ≥ 93 is 100 points and a weighted composite graduation rate ≤ 66.667 is 0 points.
Climate survey: No changes.
9th graders on track: No changes.
Meta-indicators (i.e., College and Career Readiness, P-2, Elementary/Middle, Fine Arts): Delay till 2025
Option to exit status early: Schools eligible for early exit include:
- Schools missing a pre-identified amount of data (e.g., with assessment rates for all or one or more student demographic groups below 70%). Schools will be exited if 2023 rates of participation are ≥95% and the 2023 designation is commendable or exemplary.
- Newly identified schools whose 2019 index score was ≥70.5 if an elementary school, ≥74.5 if a high school (e.g., schools in the top 30% of the state). Schools will be exited if the 2023 designation is commendable or exemplary; otherwise, they remain in status based on their 2023 designation.
- Schools that have had a 30% or more change to the enrollments of the all student or one or more student demographic groups from 2019 (e.g., 2019 enrollment ± 2019 enrollment*.3). Schools will be exited if changes to enrollments from 2022 to 2023 are within the 30% margin and the 2023 designation is commendable or exemplary; otherwise, they remain in status based on their 2023 designation.
- 2022 Summative Designation Business Rules –
Coming October 1, 2022
- 2022 Illinois Official Summative Designations -
Coming October 27, 2022
- 2022 Official Summative Designation Descriptive Statistics –
Coming October 27, 2022